Care for Your Gear
You’ve taken the first step in reppin’ Erie Apparel and looking stylish.
The next step? Keeping your EA clothes looking as good as you.
Here are a few tips to keep your favorite EA gear looking its best.
General Care Instructions
To make the ink and fabric last:
- Machine wash on cold.
- A hot dryer is ink’s enemy, so only dry on low and consider removing before fully dry (better yet, hang dry).
- Avoid washing with towels and other rougher fabrics, they can damage the print.
- Avoid the iron -- you can iron on low if necessary, but hang drying will help avoid damage/fading.
- Turn shirt inside-out before washing and drying to protect the print from fading
- DO NOT use bleach, um our shirts have logos, ink and color, so yea, skip the bleach.
Want to impress mom with your laundry skills?
Get bonus points for:
- Adding fabric softener
- Avoiding overloading the washer
- Using the gentle cycle
They happen. And almost always to one of your favorites. Here’s what we suggest to save your shirts from a stain.
- Be Quick: The sooner you address the stain, the better.
- Don’t Rub, Blot: Rubbing can spread the stain.
- Avoid Heat: It can set the stain, making it difficult to remove.
Pills appear on the surface of fabric (usually fleece) when groups of short or broken fibers on the surface of the fabric become tangled together in a tiny ball-a pill. It's pretty common for soft blends like ours that use some synthetic fabric. Think of Dad’s old sweaters…
The pills form because of rubbing or abrasion during normal wear and use. They are usually found on the areas of clothing that receive the most abrasion in day-to-day use -- like the armpit area, near the belt area or sleeves.
Prevent Pills on Your Clothes
- Use the gentle cycle when washing clothes
- Turn the garment inside-out before washing
- Don’t overload the washer
- Choose a laundry detergent that contains the enzyme cellulase -- give it a Google, lots to choose from
- Add fabric softener to the rinse cycle
- Avoid the clothes dryer -- this is becoming a theme -- hang dry
Got pills? We got you covered.
Remove pilling from clothes is fairly easy. Use a fabric comb or battery operated pill and fuzz remover.
Our beanies are made from acrylic material and can be washed or dry cleaned.
If you machine wash them, use the warm water setting and add a fabric softener during the final rinse cycle. Then machine dry at low temperature and remove as soon as they are dry.
It’s to safe iron our beanies with a moderately warm iron. However, if you’re ironing your beanie, we suggest that you immediately purchase one of our pint glasses and fill it with beer. It’s a much better use of your time.
Both our glassware and coffee mugs are dishwasher and microwave safe.However, washing them in the dishwasher will cause fading of the imprint over time (years.) Listen, we’d love to have you come and buy a new pint glass from us, but if you want to keep your glassware looking sharp, we recommend hand washing all drinkware.